The Website may include links to other third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit upon leaving the Website.
Personal data, or personal information, is any information about you from which you can be identified. It does not include data where identifying characteristics has been removed (i.e. anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data, including:
We do not collect your financial information. Your financial information, if entered, will be collected and stored by third party payment processors.
If we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract between you and us, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, where you do not provide suitable delivery instructions to provide products). In this case, we may cancel a product to be provided to you upon notice from us.
We may collect personal data through:
Direct interactions: you may provide personal data regarding your identity, contact information, and technical and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us. This includes personal data provided when you:
Third parties or publicly available sources: we may receive personal data from various third parties, such as analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers, and third-party providers of technical, payment, and delivery services. This personal data may include your profile data, usage data, marketing and communication data, and aggregated data.
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
If you have not previously purchased from us but have provided your personal details to us (for example, by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send marketing communications if you opted into receiving marketing at the time by giving your express consent.
We will obtain express opt-in consent before sharing personal data with any third party for marketing purposes. We require all third parties to respect the security of personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow third-party service providers to use personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process personal data for specified purposes and as per our instructions.
You have the option to unsubscribe from our emails through a link at the bottom of every email sent. If you want to update the details you have registered, or would like to amend notification preferences, you can do so in the “My Account” section of the Website.
You have the option to unsubscribe from online push notifications through disabling notifications in your browser.
All data provided to us is stored on secure servers in Canada. Where necessary and for consented purposes, data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Canada. It may also be processed by staff operating outside Canada who work for us or a third party. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of orders, the processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which the personal data is processed and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements. For example, order details will be kept for as long as needed to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize personal data for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We put appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. We limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who require access. Third parties may only process personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have implemented procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under provincial or federal data privacy legislation in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
1. Request access to personal data. This enables users to receive a copy of your personal data held by us.
2. Request correction of the personal data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide.
4. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before consent is withdrawn.
5. You do not have to pay a fee to access personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if the request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in these circumstances.
6. We may need to request specific information from you to help confirm your identity and ensure rights to access personal data (or to exercise any other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request to speed up response.
7. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than a month if the request is particularly complex or a number of requests are made. In this case, the user will be notified.
Users can exercise rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies can be blocked by activating the setting on your browser that allows refusal of all or some cookies. However, if cookies are blocked (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum of twelve months.
Latest update: June 30, 2020